WeShareWeCare aims to provide a shared housing and intergenerational connection service in Europe.
Funding: Erasmus+ Key Action 2
Project budget: 351,690 €
Length: 3 years
The multiplication of mobility programmes, announced in the framework of the upcoming Erasmus+ agenda, requires these programmes to adapt and widen the welcoming measures, and more specifically housing: this will lead to more inclusive mobility towards students with disabilities, scholarship students, and trainees. In parallel, the European population, particularly the elders, is suffering from increasing loneliness and isolation feeling. The European project WeShareWeCare fits perfectly with this adaptation need: it aims at widening and amplifying a pilot version of a shared intercultural and intergenerational housing platform developed by the consortium partners since 2017.
- Strengthen the partnerships between higher education institutions and intergenerational and intercultural integration and housing structures;
- Promote, highlighting and boosting collaborations for better recognition and acknowledgement of their added value in public policies, at a local, national and international scale;
- Encourage university social responsibility regarding their role and involvement in the community life (ease the elders’ loneliness and isolation);
- Improve the mobility students welcome with an affordable and educative housing service;
- Reduce the mobility students’ financial obstacles to housing;
- Improve the access to a quality housing solution prior to the mobility;
- Improve the international students’ integration in the local community to avoid the “Erasmus Bubble”.
Partners: ESN France, CNAV (France), Solidarios (Spain), 1Toit2Ages (Belgium), Réseau CoSi (France), EUF