This project aims to build on and improve an existing project, the highly successful SocialErasmus.
Funding: Erasmus+ Key Action 3
Project budget: 419,538 €
Length: 2 years
Many HEIs are seen as ivory towers that are disconnected from the wider community. While problems of social exclusion, unemployment etc., do not stop at the gates of a campus, a better connection between HEIs and their surroundings is needed. In order to overcome this problem, eight partner organisations and two associate partners have teamed up to build on and improve an existing project, the highly successful SocialErasmus, in which exchange students at European HEIs do voluntary work in their local communities. The partners represent exchange students, HEIs and schools and by joining forces they will be able to improve the existing activities, spread them to more HEIs and schools all over Europe and eventually include them in important policy tools related to the Erasmus Programme. The project will propose both macro solutions (changing practices of HEIs) and micro solutions (tools for students, schools, associations).
• To increase the number of exchange students at European HEIs taking part in voluntary work in their local communities, in particular in schools.
- To develop guidelines and frameworks for exchange students, student associations, HEIs and schools who want to encourage voluntary work in local communities;
- To develop a platform for cooperation between exchange students, HEIs and schools who want to encourage voluntary work in local communities;
- To provide formal recognition of volunteering activities by defining learning outcomes achieved by means of volunteering in local communities of exchange students;
- To further spread the practices of exchange students volunteering in local communities by influencing important policy tools related to the current and future Erasmus+ Programme.
During the course of the project we will build a one-stop-shop where all information related to SocialErasmus+ can be found and where interested parties (exchange students, HEIs and schools) can find each other and establish new partnerships.
Partners: Erasmus Student Network, European University Foundation, Youth exchange Umbrella Associação Juvenil, ESN Besançon, Universidad de Vigo, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Scholengroep Vlaamse Ardennen, Universitait Wien