EUF Open SpaceSupporting changemakers in European higher education
EUF Open Space
The Open Space is a 4-day event powered by the EUF Project Manager and Advisor Community that gives participants the opportunity to find out more about EU funding opportunities, present and discuss past and ongoing project activities and achieved results, and exchange ideas about how to work towards institutional priorities such as sustainability, various formats of mobility, internationalisation, among others, with the aim for tackling challenges with concrete solutions and joint projects.
The lively and creative environment of the event offers multiple networking and best-practice sharing opportunities among higher education staff working (or aiming to work) on EU projects.
Take the first step to your Erasmus+ project.
Introduction to the OS concept and getting to know the participants & facilitators
Morning – arrival and free time
From 13.00 onwards – registration and welcome coffee with participants
- Welcome and introduction by the host institution
- Introduction to the Erasmus+ Project Results in the Spotlight
- Change-maker sessions on driving change within the institution (several rounds of parallel sessions)
- Keynote: Policies and trends shaping Higher Education 2030 and the role of Erasmus+ projects in paving the way towards these ambitious goals
- Scoping the changer-maker ideas (several rounds of parallel sessions)
Parallel sessions in several rounds. Final selection of topics will be aligned with the interest of participants:
- Impact – how to successfully define and measure qualitative and quantitative indicators
- Workplan Management – typical pitfalls and how to implement a successful project management environment
- Quality assurance – designing an adequate quality assurance and control plan for your project
- Dissemination – the guiding questions towards building a solid dissemination plan
- Leading international project teams – key aspects to succeed and maintain high motivation level throughout project lifetime
Parallel information sessions about Erasmus+ KA2 calls
- Cooperation Partnerships
- Innovation Alliances
- Capacity Building in Higher Education
- Teacher Academies
Guided tour of old town and dinner
- Designing concrete scenarios for the changer-maker ideas (several rounds of parallel sessions)
- Key criteria for a successful application – an insight by Erasmus+ project evaluators
- Erasmus+ Project Results in the Spotlight: poster presentations based on the voting results
- Visit to Cartagena
- From ideas to actual impact – pathway to making a change in Higher Education
- Presentation of change-maker parallel session outcomes
- Open Space take-aways: what are the next steps?
Informal networking (optional) and farewell!
Venue & Host
The University of Murcia (UMU) is an international institution and with its student population of approximately 38,000, it is the largest university in the Region of Murcia. The UMU is a comprehensive state university offering 60 degree qualifications – five of them dual degrees – 72 masters degrees and 36 PhD qualifications in Fine Arts and Humanities, Engineering, Health Sciences, Sciences, Social Sciences and Law.
Founded in 1272 AD, the University of Murcia is the third oldest university in Spain, and the thirteenth oldest in the world.
The UMU has a strong presence in the local and regional community and plays a very important role not only in research and teaching, but also in the society itself, acting as an essential social engine and as a strategic bridge for every teaching and research activity, as well as for any investment to be carried out in the Mediterranean coast.
Facultad de Letras
Campus de la Merced
C/ Santo Cristo, 1
There are 2 airports close to Murcia: Alicante-El Altet and Corvera-Murcia. Alicante has a greater number of international flights compared to Corvera, and offers more connections with Madrid and Barcelona.
A taxi shuttle can be hired if needed to pick you up from Alicante or Corvera airport (from Alicante airport, 70€ per ride; from Murcia-Corvera airport, 35€ per ride). Maximum: 4 people per ride.
Trains come to Murcia del Carmen Train Station, as well as AVE service from Madrid. You can easily find a taxi at the main entrance of the train station to get to the hotel.
Uber is available in Murcia. Use your phone’s app!
The tourist season in Murcia starts in April, please make sure to book your accommodation in advance! More options are available on Booking.com, Airbnb or TurismoDeMurcia.es.
Rincón de Pepe Hotel
Hesperia Murcia Centro
Barceló Murcia 7 Coronas
Sercotel Amistad Murcia
Erasmus+ Staff Mobility
Higher Education staff can use Erasmus+ staff mobility funding to participate in the EUF Open Space 2024. Please contact the responsible person in your institution to find out more about your eligibility. We are able to provide you with an invitation letter if required.
The European University Foundation (EUF) is a network of universities established in 30 countries. It stands for diversity and social fairness in Higher Education and aims to accelerate the modernisation of the European Higher Education Area. The network deploys intensive cooperation and policy experimentation under five key pillars:
- Digital Higher Education both for governance and provision of education
- Entrepreneurship and employability skills of graduates
- Policy innovation at national and European level
- Active citizenship of students and
- Quality mobility for all
- EUF network university – 360 EUR
- Other institution – 460 EUR
- Speaker/Contributor – 260 EUR
- All training sessions
- 3 lunches
- Coffee breaks
- 1 Open Space Dinner
- Guided tour in Murcia
- Visit to Cartagena
Most recent editions
Following a two-year hiatus caused by the pandemic, the EUF Open Space returns for its sixth edition from the 7th until the 9th of June, 2023.
From the 3rd to the 5th of July, the EUF Open Space took place in Versailles, France.
In 2018, we will organise the 4th EUF Open Space training and you are invited! After three successful editions in Luxembourg, Aveiro and Naples, we are going further East to the Aegean sea and to the great Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
Based on anonymous survey
Participants recommend this event
Participants built useful contacts