EUF Open SpaceSupporting changemakers in European higher education
7th – 9th June 2023 | University of Split, Croatia
EUF Open Space
The Open Space is a 3-day event powered by the EUF Project Manager and Advisor Community that gives participants the opportunity to find out more about EU funding opportunities, present and discuss past and ongoing project activities and results, and exchange ideas about how to work towards institutional priorities such as sustainability, internationalisation at home, teaching mobility, among others, with the aim for tackling challenges with concrete project ideas.
The lively and creative environment of the event offers multiple networking and best-practice sharing opportunities among higher education staff working on EU projects.
Take the first step to your Erasmus+ project.
Meet your European colleagues at the 6th Edition of the EUF Open Space!
- Welcome and introduction to the EUF Open Space
- Keynote: the transformative impact of Erasmus+ projects on universities
- Erasmus+ Project Results gallery: discover what has been achieved through Erasmus+ projects in the past few years and the perspectives of their results
- Keynote 2: What is the grand-vision of the EU for higher education by 2030?
- Discuss solutions to challenges identified by participants of the Open Space
- Optional workshop: Erasmus+ for beginners
- Writing a project proposal — a practical approach
- Key criteria for a successful application – an insight by Erasmus+ project evaluators
- Project Idea Gallery: present your project ideas to find potential partners.
Parallel sessions in two rounds:
- Impact – how to successfully define and measure qualitative and quantitative indicators
- Logical Framework Matrix – a strategic approach to developing your project idea
- Dissemination – the guiding questions towards building a solid dissemination plan
- Quality assurance – designing an adequate quality assurance and control plan for your project
Guided tour of old town
- Presentation of the Project Manager and Advisor Community
- Session on challenges identified by participants
- Open Space take-aways: what are the next steps?
Venue & Host
The EUF Open Space will take place in the city of Split by the Adriatic shore. The event will be hosted by the University of Split, at the SPINIT inkubator, Ul. Antuna Gustava Matoša 56, 21000 Split, Croatia.
Split is the 2nd largest city in Croatia and the largest city on the Adriatic coast with over 200,000 inhabitants. There’s a lot to enjoy in sunny Split: the fantastic views, the restaurants and the beaches of the Dalmatian coast. Don’t miss the Roman old town and the Diocletian’s Palace! More information here.
About the University of Split
The University of Split was officially established on 15th of June 1974. As a predominant scientific and teaching public institution in the region, the University of Split has expanded during the course of the past 45 years to include eleven Faculties, one Academy of Arts and four University Departments. There are about 20,000 students enrolled in the University’s undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate programs. The focus of the research work carried out by the University is on scientific areas with reference to disciplines characterised by natural, biomedical, cultural, historical, social, economic and other features of the region as a part of the Croatian Adriatic and the Mediterranean region as a whole.
From Split Airport
Pleso prijevoz bus ride takes about 30 to 40 minutes to reach the city. This is probably the best option as it is cheap (about 5 €) and will bring you to the center of Split (Main bus station/Autobusni kolodvor).
Available at the airport or by phone and it takes from 25 to 40 minutes to reach the city centre and it costs about 300 HRK (approx 45 €). Make sure you ask for the price beforehand and a receipt.
Uber is available in Croatia. Use your phone’s app!
You have different options, if you choose to go by taxi:
- GoGreen TAXI Split (+385 21 772 772) – You can download their app at: http://gogreentaxisplit.hr/en/
- Cammeo Split (+385 21 313 313) – You can download their app at: https://cammeo.hr/en
- Radio Taxi Split (+385 21 1777)
- Uber service is also available in the city.
One way ticket can be bought either on the bus costs for 1,73€ or in bus stands for 1,06€. Your ticket is valid for 60 minutes as long as you travel in the same direction.
From the city centre, the venue can be reached relatively fast and it´s in walking distance (15 minutes).
If you are staying in or near the old town, go to the bus station Pazar and take bus No. 17.
The tourist season in Split starts in April, please make sure to book your accommodation in advance! More options are available on Booking.com, Airbnb or Visitsplit.com.
Jupiter Luxury Hotel
Stay in Meta Mate Hotel
Near the venue
|Home Institution||Early Bird||Normal|
|Until 23/3/2023||Until 24/4/2023|
|EUF network university||280 €||280 €|
|Other institution||380 €||430 €|
- All training & project incubation sessions
- All lunches and coffee breaks
- 1 Guided tour
- 1 Social Dinner
Erasmus+ Staff Mobility
Higher Education staff can use Erasmus+ staff mobility funding to participate in the EUF Open Space 2023. Please contact the responsible person in your institution to find out more about your eligibility. We are able to provide you with an invitation letter if required.
The European University Foundation (EUF) is a network of universities established in 29 countries. It stands for diversity and social fairness in Higher Education and aims to accelerate the modernisation of the European Higher Education Area. The network deploys intensive cooperation and policy experimentation under five key pillars:
- Digital Higher Education both for governance and provision of education
- Entrepreneurship and employability skills of graduates
- Policy innovation at national and European level
- Active citizenship of students and
- Quality mobility for all
Most recent editions
Participants recommend this event
Participants build useful contacts
Participants would like to attend similar events organised by the EUF
The EUF team is available, enthusiatic and nice, the networking opportunity is rich, as well as the professional and personal experience with lots of tips concerning the process of project application.
It is one of the most interesting and useful workshops on internationalisation I’ve ever attended.
The venue was wonderful, the lectures and group work were very good and the staff was very helpful. This was of a great benefit to me.
It gives a good overview of the possibilities and we also meet with potential partners. It’s also a hub for ideas to put in place at our university.
Relaxed schedule, very prepared and professional trainers/speakers; interesting, stimulating and informative content.